Monday, July 28, 2014

Compression, Crashes, Cars and Cheesecake

This week began very slowly. I didn't even have a real assignment until Saturday and then became very busy indeed. I'm grateful for the lull because I know this next week is going to be crazy with both the PGA tournament in Tahoe and Hot August Nights starting up (car shows).

Anyhoo, here are some photos from my week


Compression:


Native Reno resident, Tim, and his grandson.


Hula-hooping outside of the Calneva


This girl came all the way from Elko. It was her first Burning Man related event.


Katja on her mothers sholders


Milo the centaur


"Lady Luck"


The Calneva was a popular spot for people to dance during the event.


And of course what would a Burning Man event be without fire.

Plane Crash:


About forty minutes outside of Reno a privately owned aircraft headed for South Dakota had to do an emergency landing on Pyramid Highway. No one was seriously injured.

Cheesecake Factory Opening:


A Cheesecake Factory opened at the Mall.

Hot August Nights:


Had a long chat with Norm Croxon here about life and the secret to a long lasting vehicle and marriage. On his decision to buy this vehicle "[my wife] said I couldn't have a girlfriend so she let me buy this car." 


Otys Banks bought this car with his father 45 years ago

No comments:

Post a Comment