Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Golf for daze.

So this week I photographed golf. I found that it was actually more interesting than I would have imagined. I've never found golf interesting... wasn't it Mark Twain that said "golf is a good walk spoiled." However, over the course of the four days that I photographed the American Century Championship, it got interesting. It was actually pretty fun to be running all over the golf course seeing different players advance and trying to get certain shots. I shot mostly with the 500. I still haven't been able to order a monopod so I did all hand held... This is my new sport. After many funny looks and a lot of really bad pictures, I feel like I have a better grasp on how to use it. I learned a lot from this whole experience, you won't see any of the images I took from my first day at the tournament here because the images were uh... not up to par, as they say. I got a lot better but I still have a lot of room to improve before the PGA tournament comes through in two weeks. Oh yeah, this was the "celebrity" golf tournament, mostly athletes and obscure actors... but I guess that may have helped in making it a little more interesting for me.



I  learned that this is called the fareway not the freeway


Iraqi War Vet, Chad Pfeiffer. I learned that sand pits make images more interesting


This is Annika Sorenstam, she is amazing. Here she is putting.


This is Jack Wagner "checking the lie" another fun term I now know. 


Steve Curry signing a fan's jersey.


Annika Sorenstam signing autographs like the awesome lady she is. 


The last day got rained out. I'm still getting used to the fact that kids who grow up around here still find rain something of a novelty.


Ray Romano talking with his caddie.


Mark Rypien hitting from the fareway.


Annika t-ing off


John Elway t-ing off


Mark Rypien won despite all the rain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment