Tuesday, July 1, 2014

End of Rodeo, Retired Boxer and Truckee River

The rodeo came to a close on Sunday. As much as I really enjoyed photographing the rodeo... I'm excited for the next assignment. I also spent some time with x-boxer, Joe Bliss. He was a really interesting guy to talk to and he shared some boxing tips with me. I also photographed my first crime scene this week, it was a drowning victim that the Sparks Fire Department pulled out of the river. The guy had been in the river over night and it wasn't a very pretty sight to say the least, a real tragedy.

Anyhoo. Here's some of what I did this week!

P.S. if you haven't seen what I photographed the first weekend, CHECKOUT THIS LINK


Joe Bliss, 81, former boxer, only living member of the original Nevada Wolf Pack




It's hot this week in Reno, lots of folks out for swims. 



The body of 38-year-old Keith Hagar was found in the Truckee River, no foul play suspected




Cotton Rosser night at the Reno Rodeo. 


Old Cowboy


Young girl at the rodeo


Barrel racing


Escaping horse


Bareback world champion, Kaycee Feild at the Reno Rodeo


Bull Riding is extremely dangerous, this man was just stepped on by the bull


Despite the fact that they are competitors, all of the Bull Riders show concern when someone gets injured


Cowboys and friends can enjoy free beverages after their event in the members only club. 



No comments:

Post a Comment