Monday, July 7, 2014

Gerlach, Scientists and Tahoe

Hello!
    This week was full of new adventures. On Wednesday I got to go hangout with some physicists doing research on plasma using this really cool (and expensive) machine. Then on Thursday I went up to Gerlach (where Burning Man takes place) and fell in love with the town and the local folks that live there. This week I also went to my first fire! and then another one the next day. The first one was pretty sad because this guy and his teenage son lost everything in their apartment the second fire was a wild fire but I'm not allowed to get close to those so I didn't decide to put up any pictures from that... but maybe next week there'll be another one.

    It's been in the hundreds (or close to it) almost everyday for the past week and a half leaving us all, in the immortal words of an old Vermonter, "sweat'n like a stuck pig." So I've taken to the road for my two days off and went to the coast for a day... I'm writing from Bodega Bay, north of San Francisco.


Scientists.


There was a huge boom sound when they tested the Plasma.


Downtown Reno


Black Rock Desert.


Bruno's Bar (Bruno owns most of the town) in Gerlach, Nev.



Flash and Bev at the Miners Club in Gerlach


JB Iveson's Ranch outside of Gerlach. JB stores art cars after Burning Man


JB Iveson in an art car on his ranch outside of Gerlach


Namasdave (seriously his name) on the Black Rock getting ready for the Fourth of Juplaya


Gracefully facedown barbie at the beach.


Audrey at Sand Harbor


Shane and his younger sister Josslyn fishing for crawdads using hotdogs on a string


Fire


Where I tried to sleep last night somewhere in Steinbeck Country before getting spooked by my #OveractiveImagination 


No comments:

Post a Comment