Monday, August 4, 2014

The people of Hot August Nights.

This week all I photographed was cars and golf... so basically I turned into a 60 year old man. Instead of posting photos that I submitted for the paper, I wanted to highlight the people of Hot August Nights. Sorry, no golf photos. I think that this event really brought out the true, authentic people of Reno. I've always been one to try to interact with my subjects but this week I made a grand attempt to remain invisible and unknown to those I was photographing. I went up to them afterwards to get their name so they knew eventually but it was a tactic I just wanted to try out.

Hot August Nights used to be a weekend riddled with crime. One year there was a riot, since then the police have had a really strong presence at the event. Despite their attempts, I've been told that this event brings in massive amounts of illegal prostitution and drug use. To begin this, meet Lenny, Tammy and Coco. Lenny and Tammy have been married 30 years and in Reno for almost the same amount of time.

































Goodbye Hot August Nights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment