Sunday, April 26, 2015

Three Weeks, One Post #VirginiaSwift

I fell behind with blog posting because I was focused on finishing school... which I've now done! In the last three weeks my photos haven't turned out as well as I hoped they would (but isn't that always how it is). I was still working on the sports portraits for a bit of the time (which clearly I'm no genius at) and then I was given a bunch of high school sports assignments. I'm excited to be done with college now so I can go back to putting all of my energy into my work. I have less than a month left in Fredericksburg... it is so strange to me that the end of this chapter is approaching so rapidly, I still feel like I just got here.

There were a few other athletes I photographed but these were my favorites... This was a huge challenge for me. My biggest (and perhaps only) regret from college was not taking the sports or portraiture class. It is where I am weakest and it shows. Although through doing this assignment I feel like I got better at portraiture. I certainly learned more about lighting (with the help of my roommate).


Basketball


Wrestling


Gymnastics


My first time using underwater housing, it was wonderful. I'm photographing this kids prom next weekend, stay tuned.


Caroline


More underwater


This man rides his motorcycles around the country, teaching young folks about history for Brigham Young Television, the show is called American Ride. Note: this wasn't posed.


Noah is arrested after refusing to leave a building during a sit in protest at University of Mary Washington. 


Hudson Holt, 21, was attacked during a home invasion at his apartment in Norfolk. He was two weeks away from graduating college but is now back at home with his parents in Fredericksburg while he recovers from corrective surgery for his broken nose. Holt was pistol whipped, beaten and held at gunpoint by the invaders.


High schoolers wait to practice interviewing for a job at Orange High School. The guy all the way on the right is named Hunter Justus. I told him if he became anything but a bounty hunter he will have squandered his life's purpose... or he'll have to change his name... because com'mon... Hunter Justus!?

No comments:

Post a Comment