Friday, June 13, 2014

Hey! I'm an intern now NINE PHOTOS OF RENO

Hello all!
     I have officially began my internship at the Reno Gazette-Journal. This town is simply rampant with photo opportunities. Aside from the incredibly beautiful scenery of this place, I've found that each person I've met has an interesting story. Here are some images I've taken both in the course of work and just on my own time.

Let me know what cha think!


Introducing: downtown Reno on Virginia St.


Brothers: (from left) Squirrel and Riot. These two have been traveling for several months, hopping on and off trains and staying where ever they can, doing almost anything to make money to get to the next town. Originally from the state of Washington, the two were in Reno for two weeks before they headed out for Utah in the final stretch of their trip back North.


Downtown Reno.


From left, Rachel Luni, Samantha S., and Jacob Burgess prepare a display for their new exhibit called "Rush to Reno" at the Wilbur D. May museum in Reno.


18 year old Kendrick hanging out at his favorite swimming hole on the Truckee River in downtown Reno.


Mike M. takes his first ever trip down the Truckee River. Mike just moved to Reno from Sonoma, Calif., to take care of his father. Although this was his first float, he said that he had been checking out the route on his bicycle for the past few days to make sure it was safe.



Two girls cooling off in the Truckee River in downtown Reno.


The drought in California is not missed here in Reno. Drought is expected to plague this side of the country for the next months. Locals know that if they want to swim in the Truckee River this summer they must do it soon or else face dangerously low water height. 


On my way home I saw these cool shoes hangin out.


PS. This is the paper I work for!
http://www.rgj.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment