Tuesday, March 4, 2014

29 PHOTOS OF NEVADA. Check it out. Give me feedback.

Over the weekend I went to Nevada for the first time and fell in love with it. I think what draws me to this state over the rest of the Southwest is the history. Remnants of cowboys, gold miners and outcasts litter the land like cigarette butts on a California highway. A place that was condemned as inhabitable by many of the early settlers, Nevada now offers the only remaining glimpse into earlier American history.

I didn't intend to go to this place and start a project... but it seems as though I must. This is just the beginning. The first draft.  I took too many pictures for this to be final but I'm too eager for feedback not to post now.

Two years ago this week began my photo-journey. An indelible moment at a concert followed by a catastrophic personal event drove me into the welcoming arms of photography as both a coping mechanism and an obsession.

Anyway, HERE ARE MY PHOTOS. Give me your thoughts please.

http://www.hilaryswift.com/#!/portfolio/G0000wgMUJ8gl3lQ


No comments:

Post a Comment